Monday, July 18, 2011

Shopping Trip Success

Warning: This post will only be interesting to those who are couponers. It may be a bit boring for anyone else :)

This week was my best shopping trip yet, and it actually was not all due to coupons. Frys Food was having a huge sale ("Mega Event" actually) where when you purchase 10 qualifying items, you receive $5 off your total purchase. A lot of these items were on a great sale already, and I had coupons for most of them to make some items FREE!

My coupon organizer that Brad bought me a couple of years ago. I love it because it keeps everything in their own category and it fits in my purse!



The main item we wanted to stock up on was Vitamin Water. We drink it all the time, and Leah thinks it's her special water. Typically, we purchase it at Costco for around $0.78 a bottle, which is less expensive than the normal grocery store price of $1.00. They were apart of the Frys Mega Event for $0.49, and I had a competitor coupon for $0.50 off each bottle, which would make each for FREE. Here is the tricky part - I actually didn't even get to use all of my coupons because you are only allowed to use one per purchase (aka transaction to some cashiers). I was allowed to use one WF coupon for $0.50, and one Target coupon B2G1F. So, for ten bottles, usually priced $10, I spent $3.91 (we bought 30).

Here is a list of some other great deals we got:

Colgate toothpaste: Sale $1.49, Mega Event $0.99, $1/1 Target coupon (or $0.50/1 MF Coupon - I had two of each) = FREE
Classico Sauce: Sale $2.29, Mega Event $1.79, MF Coupon $1/2 = $1.29 Each (got 6 of these)
Aunt Jemima Pancakes: Sale $1.99, Mega Event $1.49, MF Coupon $1/1 = $0.49
Kraft Salad Dressing: Sale $1.99, Mega Event $1.49, MF Coupon $1/2 AND Target Coupon $1/2 = $0.49 each (got 4 of these)
Kleenex: Sale $1.49, Mega Event $0.99, MF Coupon $1/3 AND Target Coupon $1/3 = $0.32 each

One large purchase was a new office chair:


Regular Price $149.99, Sale $99.99, Frys Digital Coupon 30% any home item ($30), plus another 10% off Furniture item (not sure how I got this but it's on my receipt!) $7 = $62.99 (Saved $87!)

We also purchased the normal weekly grocery items (milk, produce, etc.) that were on sale, but no coupons.

Totals (from three transactions):
Regular Price: $411.87
Frys VIP Savings: $223.74
Coupons (MF and Competitor): $28.51
Total Paid: $159.62
Total Saved: $252.25 (61.2%)

1 comments:

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

that is awesome!! i need to get into couponing!

Post a Comment