Monday, July 25, 2011

HUGE Diaper Deal!!

I have been on the look out for diaper deals to stock up for the new baby. Currently, we get Leah's diapers through Amazon Mom Subscribe & Save (thanks, Tiffany!) and pay around $0.13 a diaper. We are also in the middle (or beginning, I'm not too sure) of potty training.

Babies R Us was having a huge sale on jumbo packs of diapers only yesterday and today for $5 (that's right, $5 for about 40 diapers depending on size). With no coupons, that would make your price per diaper around $0.11 or so. Of course, all BRUs in town (and probably across the country) were out of the Huggies jumbo packs. However, I remembered that Walmart ad matches. I haven't ad matched in a long time and the experience is either really good or really bad depending on the cashier you get. So, we hit walmart after work. Come to found out they don't carry the Huggies naturals (which was in the ad) so I just got the regular Huggies Snug & Dry jumbo pack (which actually has more diapers per package haha). I had $1.50/1 coupons so that made each package $3.50. The cashier didn't even ask to see the ad or anything. Walking out I thought to myself "wow, that was way too easy."

Since we got such a good deal, after dinner we went back and got 6 more packages. I was hesitant since I already used all my coupons, but when I went back I found some packages with $1/1 coupons on them! Can this really be happening? The second cashier asked to see the ad, which I had handy, and I of course had to explain why I was getting Snug & Dry when the ad shows the Naturals. He didn't seem to understand or care, and he accepted them AND my $1/1 coupons (which, by the way, were expired. Not sure how I got past that one!)



So in total, we bought 10 packages (7 of size 1, 3 of size 2) of Huggies diapers for $38 (476 diapers = $0.07 a diaper!) If I could convince my husband, I would totally go back and get more since the sale ends tonight.

1 comments:

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

OH my gosh! that is amazing!! i so wish i knew about this deal! the closest BRU is 30 miles away so if i could price match it at walmart, that wouldve been amazing. Darn it! haha, that is so awesome though, definitely good for a new baby arriving!

Post a Comment