Sunday, January 6, 2013

What I have Learned in 2012

Although I am a goal oritened person (at least that's what my resume says...), I am not one to make a New Years resoluion. I hate to fail or even the possibility of failure. Not saying I have never failed in my lifetime, but just that I don't like the feeling of being a failure.

Anyway, I thought I would instead list the things I have learned in 2012. These things just came to my mind and are in no particular order.

In 2012, I have learned that:

1.       I suck at blogging.

2.       I am most productive when my kids are sleeping.

3.       My husband will always find the better deals at Target.

4.       It’s ok to leave the kids for an evening date with my hubby.

5.       It’s more fun to shop with my sisters than alone.

6.       I look forward to Wednesday family night.

7.       Leah has followed my passion for shoes, clothes, baking and chocolate.

8.       Matthew is fearless.

9.       Toddler boys are much harder than girls.

10.   Potty training sucks.

11.   My first attempt at a garden failed.

12.   I can never go into Costco for one thing, or else I leave with a cart full of things we “need”.

13.   I suck at managing money.

14.   I will always choose to build a block castle with my kids over dishes.

15.   Losing my mom never gets any easier.

16.   My new favorite drink at Starbucks is a salted caramel mocha (thanks, babe!).

17.   I won’t pay retail for anything. Ever.

18.   I love to shop online but I don’t like to pay for shipping.

19.   My kids’ laughs always melt my heart.

20.   Leah says very funny random things.

21.   I cannot do it all.

22.   I like to be pushed, but not over the edge, because then I crumble.

23.   I enjoy red wine more than white.

24.   I stress too much.

25.   I need me time.

26.   I miss hanging out with my friends.

27.   I hate putting gas in the car.

28.   I have no patience for ignorance.

29.   I will always have a weakness for brownies.

30.   I need to prioritize my health.

31.   I like my hair shorter.

32.   My husband is not usually impressed with my Pinterest recipe tryouts.

33.   I love Pinterest.

34.   I use my phone mainly to take pictures of my kids.

35.   I need to improve my time management.

36.   I need to learn how to say no.

37.   I like to make hair bows.

38.   I will always choose to buy something for my kids over myself.

39.   Leah likes ketchup and mustard with everything.

40.   Matthew is always hungry and will eat anything.

41.   I will never get tired of rocking Matthew to sleep at night.

42.   I look forward to bath time because my kids always have fun.

43.   I love weekend family outings.

44.   I am pretty much on my own on Sundays during football season.

45.   I have no pictures of Matthew hanging in my house.

46.   I love when my husband makes dinner because it is usually something tasty and I don’t have to cook.

47.   I will not read 50 Shades of Grey in one day. Four months later, I am not even past the 3rd chapter.
48.  Sleep is overrated.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment