Saturday, August 20, 2011

Busy Day

I was signed up for a driver's ed class this morning (first speeding ticket - don't judge). However, when I re-read my court order extending my court date, I thought it said 8/28, but it actually said 8/18. So, I couldn't stay at the class that I had already paid for, and now need to work out some refund Monday morning when their office opens. Oh, and now there is a warrant out for my arrest for missing my court date. Fantastic.

I took advantage of this open time opportunity while Grandma was home with Leah to do a little shopping to take my mind off my criminal behavior (ironic that I work in the law field?? I should know better to clearly read court orders). My first stop was Walmart. I LOVE the divided plates for Leah's meals. It makes dinner time so much easier, and I found these for $0.97. A bonus, they are actually adorable.



My next stop was Target. As my hubby can attest, I always hit the clearance racks first in the baby section. There are always fantastic finds there! This is what I got:


Cascade (trial size): $0.97 + MC $1/1 = $0.03 credit!
Johnson's Naturals Shampoo/Body Wash (clearance): $3.31 + MC $1.50/1 = $1.81
Baby boy pants (clearance) = $2.25 each

Next stops, Fry's Food and Safeway. I don't have pictures of the grocery store trips today because we had to quickly put them away before attending a birthday party, but I'll highlight the main deals I got. Also, might I add, I did this all by prego self. I know, I'm nuts.

(Reminder: Fry's and Safeway make all MC's worth at least $1)
Fry's Food
Dial Hand soap: Reg $2.88, Sale $0.88 + MC $0.35/1 = FREE (only had 4 coupons, so I didn't "stock" up as usual)
Campbell's Chunky Soup: $0.89 (clearance table) + $1/2 = $0.39 each
Pediasure Sidekicks (4 pk): Reg $ 6.27, Sale $6.03 + MC $1.50/1 = $4.53 each
Sargento Sliced Cheese: Reg $3.99, Sale $1.99
Johnson's Body Wash and Shampoo: Reg $$3.32, Sale $2.49 + MC $1/1 = $1.49 each
S&W Diced Tomatoes: Reg $1.69, Sale $0.49 each

Safeway
Fresh Express Salads: Reg $3.29, Sale $1.49 + MC $1/1 = $0.49 each
Nabisco 100 Calorie Snack Packs: Reg $3.59, Sale $2.50 + Store C $0.75/1 + MC $0.75/2 = $1.25 each
Fruitables Juice Boxes (10 pk): Reg $4.79, sale $2.79 + C $0.55/1 = $1.79 each
Precious String Cheese: Reg $5.99, Sale $3.99 + MC $1/1 = $2.99
Grapes: $0.88/lb

The cutest coupon helper:


Tomorrow we are heading out to Apple Annie's to pick peaches, apples and vegetables. Will post about findings!

A clip from the birthday party Leah attended this afternoon (Happy 3rd Birthday, Gavin!):


My cutie lunging the "hot potato" (sorry for the quality. Looks better on my phone)

0 comments:

Post a Comment